Sunday, March 27, 2011

Decoloring Spring

This year as I began looking through all of my Spring decorations andI discovered that I had an array of mismatched decorations. In trying to find some sort of Spring theme, I remembered that I had read somewhere that the easiest way to create a sense of consistency is to pick one color.



Shades Of Blue

~With shades of blue, I was able to create a well flowing Easter/Spring ensemble with everything I already had. All I needed was a little bit of blue paint and paper!~






Nesting With Birds Nests



~In picking blue as my "go to color" for Spring, I was so excited to incorporate blue eggs in nests into my decor. Instead of putting blue candles in my candle holders I decided to use the nests instead. Not only does it help incorporate a subtle tone of blue to the overall display but I can keep them up after Easter and through the remainder of Spring.~






















Making Spring Vintage





~In looking at my array of Spring/Easter decorations I noticed no only did none of them match but a lot of them were kind of tacky. After I picked my color scheme one of the main things I was concerned about was making them match my other household decor which is primarily vintage based. I found the best way was to line these block letters with gold acrylic paint to give it that pop!~

1 comment: